Once you have decided to purchase a home, there are a multitude of decisions to make. You want to buy a home that builds on the lifestyle you want whether it’s raising your kids in an area with great schools, living without a car or finding the area that best suits your social needs and wants. We give you the insights you need to buy smarter like telling you about a great neighborhood you’ve never heard of. Or being honest with you and telling you now may not be the right time for you to buy. Today’s savvy buyers have many tools at their disposal to educate themselves on the types of properties that are already available before they even speak to a realtor. When you partner with us we will dig deeper into each area determining market statistics, pre-inspecting if need be to assess current condition. And, we will establish current market value by analyzing other comparables in the area to make sure you don’t overpay. Choosing a Professional to work with is the most important step you can take when buying a house
Knowing What You Want
Helping you to move in the right direction is our goal. By getting you to think about a few basic questions will help us stay clear about what you want.
- Are you buying a home to live in or as an investment?
- Is your family growing or are you downsizing?
- Do you want to change neighbourhoods or do you like the one you currently live in?
- Is it important that your commute to work be shorter or stay the same?
- Is public transit important to you?
- What about schools, day care, local shopping, restaurants, library and other services?
- How much space do you need and for what purpose?
- What type of parking if any do you require?
- Do you want a new(er) home or an older one to add your personal touch to?
- How long do you intend to live in this home?
There are a lot of homes on the market so determining what you want and staying clear about what is important to you will help us weed through the clutter and find you what you want.
Understanding Your Finances
Find out what you can afford by pre-qualifying for a mortgage. Drop by and talk to your banker, give them a call or even start the process online. Not sure where to start? I can help by referring you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for home buyers. Knowing what you can afford upfront will save time and help you to zero in on the right home for you.
Once that perfect home has been found, together we will sit down and write up an offer which lists out all the specifics of the transaction such as what you want included or excluded in the home or on the property, any subject clauses and deadlines for their removal, and the deposit and purchase price. It is often advisable to make the offer subject to a building inspection being performed by a licensed building inspector otherwise you could be faced with additional costs in repairing defects that you were not prepared for. When you are ready, we will prepare an offer that shows sellers you are the preferred buyer and protects you against some of the unforeseen circumstances that can occur.
In addition to the purchase price, buyers are also responsible to pay other costs such as:
- Legal fees and disbursements for preparing all transfer documents, tending to the conveyance of the property and distributing all funds (typically range from $850 – $1500)
- Standard survey and/or appraisal (often required by the mortgagor and typically range from $500 to $1,500);
- Title Insurance can range from $100 – $150 but is very cost effective in protecting you from past problems that could affect you in the future;
- Home inspection fees (typically range from $300 to $500);
- Mortgage Insurance in the event your mortgage exceeds 80% of the purchase price;
- Toronto Land Transfer Tax which is payable at sale closing;
- Provincial Land Transfer Tax also payable on closing of the sale;
- Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) on new construction which is payable at the time of conveyance (calculation is purchase price x 13%).
Continuing Our Relationship
One of the benefits of choosing a professional is that you not only gain their expertise but the expertise of the many different trades they have encountered during the course of doing business. At homeliveshere.com we have a database of trusted professions to suit your needs. And, if we don’t have someone, we are in the right position to find you one that comes highly recommended. If your new home needs a bit of handy work or full on renovation, we can help you with that and everything in between.
I Will Get Working, You Get Packing!
From property search, to offer negotiations, inspections and closing, our top priority is to find your new home in as little time and with as little stress as possible and continue to be there helping you out long after you have settled in your new home!